Enjoy The Fun! And Always Bet With Your Head, Not Over It!
For millions of people, gambling offers a harmless and entertaining diversion from everyday life. Whether playing bingo or blackjack, these people are participating in a legitimate and time-honored recreational activity by taking a chance on an unpredictable event in the hope of winning.
However, for a small percentage of people, the simple act of placing a bet is a vastly different experience. What seems a moment of elation or excitement for some gamblers is, in reality, a moment of overwhelming compulsion. These people are compulsive gamblers.
Admitting you have a problem is the first step, but it’s not the cure. You can recover if you follow a simple program that has been successful with thousands of people suffering from compulsive gambling.
Tropicana Evansville is concerned about your welfare!
Please take a moment to answer the following important questions.
- Do you lose time from work due to gambling?
- Is gambling making your home life unhappy?
- Is gambling having a negative effect on your reputation?
- Have you ever felt remorse after gambling?
- Do you ever gamble to get money to pay debts or to solve financial problems?
- Does gambling cause a decrease in your ambition or efficiency?
- After losing, do you feel you must return as soon as possible to win back your losses?
- After a win, do you have a strong urge to return and win even more?
- Do you often gamble until your last dollar is gone?
- Do you ever borrow money from family or friends to finance your gambling?
- Have you ever sold any real estate or personal property to finance your gambling?
- Are you reluctant to use “gambling money” for normal expenditures?
- Does gambling make you careless of the welfare of your family?
- Do you ever gamble for longer than you planned?
- Do you ever gamble to escape worry or trouble?
- Have you ever committed, or considered committing an illegal act to finance gambling?
- Does gambling cause you to have difficulty in sleeping?
- Do arguments, disappointments or frustrations create an urge for you to gamble?
- Do you have the urge to celebrate any good fortune by gambling a few hours?
- Have you ever considered self-destruction as a result of your gambling?
Most Compulsive Gamblers Will Answer “Yes” To At Least Seven Of These Questions.
If you or anyone you know suffers from a gambling problem, help is only a phone call away!
Gambling Hotline – (800) 9 WITH IT
National Council on Compulsive Gambling – (800) 522-4700
Tropicana Evansville Responsible Gaming – (812) 433-4345